SHIPPING & RETURNS
If you are unsatisfied with RTA (Ready To Assemble) product in any way we do accept returns under the following guidelines (Please read entire page for clarification of bullited items):
- All returns will need to be authorized by woodcabinets4less.com prior to return shipment. For authorization please send an email request to: email@example.com.
- Return requests must be received by woodcabinets4less.com within 7 days from date of delivery.
- Cabinetry with any kind of modification done while in customer care are not returnable. Un-opened, non-modified items may be returned at woodcabinets4less discretion.
- All items returned in original, unopened packaging will incur a 35% restocking fee upon return receipt.
- The customer is responsible for setting up and paying for all return shipments. Be sure to package your return well; items received with damages regardless of how they got damaged will not be issued any credit. Take photos of your packaging before you ship the items and be sure to purchase shipping insurance from the carrier when you return the items. If the items are damaged during the return shipment, credit will not be issued, and you will have to file a claim directly with the carrier you shipped the return with. WoodCabinets4Less will not assume any responsibility for carrier damage on return shipments.
- Any returned product, which is deemed un-sellable, would not receive credit.
- When the returned item(s) are received, the value of the returned items minus applicable restocking fees and shipping fees will be credited back as soon as our Returns Department has completed processing (usually within 2 weeks). If the original shipment received free shipping the credit will be issued minus the actual shipping charges paid by woodcabinets4less.com. Shipping charges of any kind are not refundable.
- Client must properly package, pallet & wrap any returns or fully comply with woodcabinets4less return shipping instructions. woodcabinets4less will not, under any circumstance pick up, package or pay for returns.
- woodcabinets4less.com will not process any returns if the product returned is missing or incomplete from the original shipment.
- If the returned items are damaged due to improper packing for return, credit will not be issued so please pack them well.
Non-returnable items, if received damaged or defective, will be replaced when our damage policy is followed. While not returnable you won't be stuck with something damaged or defective.
1.) We strongly recommend ordering door samples before purchasing any cabinets to make sure the finish and style are exactly what you want. Any order placed without samples are not returnable including RTA (Ready To Assemble Cabinetry).
- Trim & Accessories Are Not Returnable.
- Quick Ship Maple Cabinetry
- Semi-Custom Cabinetry
- SOLLid Brand Cabinetry
- All Wood By Ideal Cabinetry
- Premium or Custom Cabinetry
- Pre-Assembled Cabinetry
- Any Ready To Assemble Cabinet That Has Been Opened, Assembled, Or Modified In Any Way.
- Items that have been damaged on the work site or by a contractor or customer.
- Cabinets ordered without first ordering a sample door prior to placing final order can not be returned.
- Subjective opinion: If an item or items do not seem to meet a client's idea of what they should be but are what the client ordered, we cannot accept a return based on that. We'll work with a client to resolve the issue but will not issue refund because of this.
- Damaged parts will be replaced when reported within the damage reporting guidelines each customer receives via email when their order ships.
2.) If you mis-measure: You can absolutely exchange the item (as long as the item you wish to return is in the original packaging and is not one of the non-returnable items – see: (Are there any items that cannot be returned? In FAQ or refer to the paragraph above.). Just contact customer service and they will get a return authorization for you to include with your returned item and let you know the address where it should be returned. We ship out of many locations, so please do not return anything without speaking to customer service to make sure the return address is correct. **A return Authorization number is required for all returns and without this number no credit will be issued. If something is returned to the incorrect address, unfortunately, we won’t be able to issue a refund for that item, nor will we ship it back or forward it on. There is a 35% restocking fee for all returned items and you would be responsible for the return shipping. The initial shipping charge you paid when placing the order will not be able to be refunded. When the item(s) are returned, if we find there are damages that occurred in transit, your refund may take a bit longer until a proper inspection by the trucking company can occur, and you may need to file a freight claim if you handled the return shipping yourself.
3.) As long as the item you wish to return is in the original packaging and is not one of the non-returnable items (see Are there any items that cannot be returned?), you would just need to contact customer service within 7 days of your delivery. They will get a return authorization for you to include with your returned item and let you know the address where it should be returned. All returns require a return authorization number. Returns without this number will not be accepted and credit will not be issued. We ship out of many locations, so please do not return anything without speaking to customer service to make sure the return address is correct. If something is returned to the incorrect address, unfortunately, we won’t be able to issue a refund for that item. We will not return or forward on a shipment that is mis-shipped due to lack of return authorization, nor will any credit be issued. There is a 35% restocking fee for all returned items and you would be responsible for the return shipping. If you’re returning something that requires shipment by a freight company, we would be happy to get a quote using our carriers (as we can normally receive lesser expensive rates than if you were to get a quote locally) and if you’d like to use our carrier, that amount would just be deducted from your refund amount. You would also need to make sure the item(s) is packed on a pallet (you can usually find free pallets at local hardware and various retail stores) and plastic wrapped. When the item(s) are returned, if we find there are damages that occurred in transit, your refund may take a bit longer until a proper inspection by the trucking company can occur, and you may need to file a freight claim if you handled the return shipping yourself.
4.) ARE THERE ANY ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE RETURNED?
Non-returnable items :
Cabinets shipped pre-assembled, all pre-built or fully built cabinetry, quick ship maple, semi-custom, premium/custom, RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets that have been opened or assembled by the customer to any degree. Trim, molding and accessories from any line are not returnable. Items must be in original received condition. Any items not noted on driver BOL form which may have shipping damage are not returnable. All items must be approved for return and a return authorization number issued or the return will not be accepted and customer will not receive account credit. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OUR FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON RETURNS AND EXCHANGES.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
For orders arriving with a freight company:
Upon arrival of your order, you must inspect all items and make sure everything is there with no noticeable damages. Please also make sure you are not missing any pieces. The best way to do this is to print out your order receipt and cross reference it against the delivery receipt. If there are any damages (no matter how small) and/or missing pieces, you must make a note of these items on the delivery receipt and get a signed copy from the driver (the driver will have multiple copies) and must give you a receipt.
Woodcabinets4less.com cannot be held liable if you sign for your order without noting that pieces are missing and/or damaged. You will be responsible for re-ordering and missing pieces so please make sure to do a thorough check when your order comes. Please do not refuse any damaged order (instead, follow the above instructions), any returned orders may be subject to restocking fees in accordance with our return policy which can be reviewed in our FAQ (frequently asked questions section)
*Deliveries will be on 53 foot trailers. Please contact us about your delivery IF: You live in a Gated Community, on a private drive, narrow road or cul-de-sac. Then, we can arrange in advance for a smaller truck to make your delivery.*
- **Please note that an email will be sent after your order ships with a detailed explanation on how to accept an order that shipped with a freight company**
- ***If the delivery is being made to a less accessible area or areas which require special/additional freight services (crossing water, on a small island, etc...), you may be responsible for additional freight charges. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to your order shipping to go over your options.*
For orders arriving with FedEx/UPS Ground:Please inspect the boxes within 48 hours of delivery and contact woodcabinets4less.com with reports of any damage or missing pieces. After 48 hours our manufacturers will not accept and damage or missing pieces claims and you will be responsible for re-ordering.
If we have helped you in designing your kitchen:
Please note we work off of your measurements. In the event something is measured inaccurately which ends with an error in your cabinet sizes, woodcabinets4less.com cannot be held liable. Please make sure to look over every measurement for your kitchen and every cabinet on your final invoice to make sure that it is correct and exactly what you want. If you do not understand something or have any questions about where a cabinet or accessory is being used please make sure to ask before you sign off on the order.
For orders placed without seeing a door sample prior:We strongly urge you to place door sample order(s) of your cabinet before you purchase to make sure it is exactly what you are expecting. Computer screens can alter images and although close, images seen on our website can vary from actual cabinets - which is why we suggest you order a sample first. If you choose not to order a sample and end up not liking the kitchen (because it is not what you expected) woodcabinets4less will not accept a return on those items.
Damage ProcedureHow long will I have to open my cabinets and check for concealed damage after my delivery?
You will have 72 hours to open all cabinet/accessory boxes and inspect for any damages, defects, or missing items (including hardware). If anything is missing, damaged, and/or defective, please notify WoodCabinets4Less within the time frame specified in your pre-delivery email we will send out to you prior to your cabinets arriving. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Report Damages & Missing Items To WoodCabinets4Less
- For Damages:
Take a clear photo of the damage, attach it in an email to: email@example.com. In the subject line enter "Damage Report". Within the email very briefly describe the item that is damaged along with a short description of the damage to help us in identifying what we see in the photo. Please submit all damaged items/issues at one time as we will only be able to file ONE damage claim with the manufacturer. If all damaged items are not listed they will not all be replaced at no charge to you. Feel free to use multiple emails if necessary, just send them all within the same day or be sure to let us know when you have opened and inspected everything so we can tell that the report is complete and no further items will be sent over as damaged. if you notice tears in the outer packaging or wrapping of the cabinets/pallets as they come off the truck please take photos of this and be sure to note on the driver delivery slip that there was damaged packaging.
YOU MUST CLEARLY NOTE THE NAME OF THE ITEMS THAT IS DAMAGED AND WHICH CABINET IT IS. WE CANNOT GUESS WHAT YOU ARE SENDING PHOTOS OF AND THIS WILL CAUSE POSSIBLE DECLINES OF CLAIMS. IT'S CRITICAL THAT WE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU NEED OR WE CANNOT EFFECTIVELY HELP.
- Missing Items:
What needs to be done on delivery besides unload the cabinets/accessories?
It is extremely important that you do a piece count and make sure all ordered pieces are there (unless there are any out of stock items). Some pieces may be packaged together, such as crown molding, fillers, etc… If possible, open any accessory boxes while the driver is there to make sure all pieces are accounted for, if you’re not able to, mark the Bill of Lading (the shipping paperwork that the driver has) that you weren’t able to verify the piece count in that specific box. If there is anything missing, it ABSOLUTELY must be noted on the delivery paperwork. Make sure to get a copy of the BOL with the driver’s signature and that the driver has a copy noting any shortages, we will need a copy sent to us to process your replacement order. If shortages are not noted on the delivery receipt, we will not be able to reship these items for no charge.
In addition to doing a piece count, you want to check each box for visible damage. The trucking company is required to let you check the outside of each box. You do not need to open each box, just check over the outside for cracks, dents, holes, etc… If the driver tells you they will not wait for you to check over the boxes, call the trucking company and explain that you need to note any visible damage on the BOL and the driver is being difficult (this is not very common). The number to the trucking company will be on the BOL. The boxes are checked in the warehouses before being shipped out, however, as soon as the trucking company picks up your order, they are responsible for any damages that occur in transit and will only approve replacements if the damages are noted on the shipping paperwork (Bill of Lading – BOL) on your delivery.
Is there any kind of reimbursement for labor required to repair items received with damage?
If replacements parts are needed, WoodCabinets4Less is only responsible for providing those parts. We will not reimburse any additional costs of labor incurred by the customer to replace or repair damaged cabinets. Damage normally occurs in the shipping process and WoodCabinets4less, although we do try very hard to communicate with the freight company to take care in shipping, cannot be responsible for labor related repairs as we will provide replacement pieces.
Do I receive a new cabinet if something is damaged in the box?
Depending on the damage, in most cases, a replacement part will be sent, not an entire new cabinet. The manufacturer reserves the right to determine the most cost effective and efficient method to correct damaged and/or defective cabinets/accessories. For example, if a door is cracked, you would receive a new door, not a whole new cabinet. If you received Pre-Assembled cabinets, in some cases, it may be necessary to unassemble a cabinet or part of a cabinet if it’s required for a replacement part.